The school of Illinois Dental Careers is committed to providing future dental professionals with the education to become highly trained, knowledgeable, and work-ready by means of hands-on classroom instruction by expert faculty as well as clinical utilization of state-of-the-art technology, and promoting the highest level of professionalism, personal growth, and real-world experience.
About Illinois Dental Careers
The school of Illinois Dental Careers prepares its students for a successful future in the dental field. Depending on the program in which the students enroll, they are placed with an experienced instructor who guides them through a module-based program, which is taught either twice a week in the evening on weekdays, or on Saturdays.
Illinois Dental Careers currently offers a Dental Assisting Program and an Orthodontic Assisting Program. Our innovative module-based programs are designed to maximize the convenience factor for our students, and they also put them in control of their progress. Our students can choose their pace of study, their finish date, and they need not be concerned about missing a class. Together with the combination of small class size instruction and hands-on clinical training, students are prepared to become confident dental professionals by the end of the course.
Illinois Dental Careers strives to make our students successful members of the dental community. Our school is committed to giving students opportunities to gain knowledge and develop skills while utilizing critical thinking as an integral part of the process as well. Our program goals are the following:
- Prepare our students to become work-ready as dental assistants and confident in their clinical and practice management skills.
- Provide our students with open access and a supportive environment that fosters student success in and out of the classroom.
- Prepare our students to function as integral members of the dental team while performing chairside and related office and laboratory procedures.
- Provide our students with the interpersonal skills and necessary competencies for patient-centered care.
- Educate our students about current technologies and give them the skills necessary to adapt to the changes in dental/orthodontic fields.
- Provide a curriculum that will give our students the knowledge and understanding of the professional duties and standards, incorporating legal and ethical responsibilities of a Dental Assistant.
Dental Assisting Program Description
Illinois Dental Careers Dental Assisting Program consists of 20 modules, 2.5 hours each. Dental Assisting modules are offered twice a week in the evening (please refer to the Academic Calendar posted in School Catalog for details). Dental Assisting modules include theoretical and clinical components, covering dental and oral anatomy and physiology, chairside assisting, radiology, impressions, instrument identification, restorative materials and procedures, lab materials and techniques. The program also includes coronal polishing, pit and fissure sealant placement, infection control, sterilization, and assisting in dental specialties.
Orthodontic Assisting Program Description
- 4709 N. Harlem Ave, Harwood Heights, IL 60706. P: (773) 801-7171.
- 1020 S. Arlington Heights Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60005. P: (847) 749-4340.
- 1719 W. 18th St, Chicago, IL 60608. P: (312) 767-2009.
- 7820 S Cicero Ave, Burbank, IL 60459. P: (708) 391-5220.