The courses will provide dental assistants with the proper educational requirements as stated in Illinois Dental Act for coronal polishing and dental sealant placement.
Coronal Polishing course includes:
- Four (4) hours of didactic study in areas of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology and dental emergencies, followed by a written exam
- Two (2) hours of clinical hands-on instruction. The clinical instruction will include work performed by and on a classmate.
Dental Sealant Application includes
3. Two (2) hours of didactic study in areas of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology and dental emergencies, followed by a written exam
4. Two (2) hours of clinical hands-on instruction.
PLEASE REGISTER EACH PARTICIPANT ONE AT A TIME.
COURSE SCHEDULE 2021
Please email us at [email protected] for next available class.
Location: 4709 N. Harlem Ave, Harwood Heights, IL (224) 246-2694
Register 14 days in advance and receive an additional discount.
Class size is limited and registration will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
Dental Offices interested in our in-office training can reach out to us via email [email protected] including details regarding the quantity of assistants, address, and we will provide availability and quote.
This dental assistant career training includes theoretical and clinical components, covering dental and oral anatomy and physiology, radiology, impressions, chair side assisting, restorative materials and procedures, instrument identification, lab materials and techniques, including pit and fissure sealants placement and coronal polishing, sterilization and assisting in dental specialties, infection control and much more.
June 25, 2021 – Class is Full*
July 17, 30, 2021 – 10 Spots Available*
August 14, 27, 2021 – 10 Spots Available*
September 18, 24, 2021 – 10 Spots Available*
|Course||14 Days Before||14 Days or Less Prior|
|Coronal Polishing, (valid in IL)||$299||$349|
|Sealant Application, (valid in IL)||$299||$349|
|Registration||8:00 am – 8:30 am|
|Lecture||8:30 am – 12:00 pm|
|Break/Lunch||12:00 pm –12:45 pm|
|Written Exam||12:45 pm – 1:15 pm|
|Exam Review||1:15 pm – 1:30 pm|
|Coronal Polishing Clinical Portion||1:30 pm – 3:30 pm|
|Sealants Placement Clinical Portion||3:30 pm – 5:00 pm|
|Certificates||5:00 pm – 5:15 pm|
Coronal Polishing FAQs
After successful completion of a board-approved “The coronal polishing” course exam, DANB can issue a coronal polishing certificate to successful students. There are no eligibility requirements for taking CP exam so you can apply at any time.
Coronal polishing is a procedure to remove excess plaque and stains from the coronal surface of your teeth. When a person gets their teeth polished, it leaves a sparkling clean surface of teeth creating a smooth teeth surface, less likely to retain plaque and stains. This polishing enhance fluoride absorption and discourage the buildup of new deposits.
Dentists and licensed dental hygienists are the only professionally that are legally allowed to perform complete oral prophylaxis. However, in some states, dental assistants are permitted to perform coronal polishing as long as they have met state standard requirements.
An unlicensed dental assistant can not perform coronal polishing. Only a licensed dental assistant with eligibility of start requirements can perform coronal polishing.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Candidates must be 18 years old or older.
- Candidates must be a graduate of a Dental Assisting Program, or have one thousand (1000) or more hours of dental assisting experience, or be certified dental assistant as designated by DANB.
- Completed application and payment of the course.
- Each participant must follow the OSHA guidelines for infection control, must wear scrubs and bring their own safety glasses for the clinical portion, and use clinical Personal Protective Equipment (i.e. gloves, mask, eye-wear, and clinic gown).
- Each participant must agree to act as a patient for coronal polishing.
- Upon completion of the sealant placement course, participants must perform clinical competency on a minimum of six (6) patients under the direct supervision of a licensed dentist or dental hygienist.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
Please read over the eligibility and requirements before making your payment. Space is limited so early registration is recommended. A handling fee, 25% of the total cost, will be charged when cancellations are made with more than one week prior to the seminar; 50% of the total cost, will be charged when cancellations are made less than one week prior to the seminar. No-shows are responsible for the entire amount.
Illinois Dental Careers reserves the right to cancel the course with a full refund due to insufficient enrollment.